Walk in the park, look at the sky: collected thoughts, processes and observations made during the course of making things
- Leap Motion
- Plain Text
Follow this blog using RSS
- 03.06.23 1951 copy of Virginia Woolf’s The Waves
1951 copy of Virginia Woolf’s The Waves. Woolf’s masterpiece and one of my favourite books which I constantly return too. I already have a 195…
- 01.06.23 Just putting the bins out
Just putting the bins out.
- 31.05.23 Nowhere
- 30.05.23 Network effect
- 30.05.23 Morning Pages
Morning Pages. I’ve been writing in these notebooks for many years and this week I started a new one, ready to be twisted, bashed and s…
- 29.05.23 Modern Nature by Derek Jarman
Modern Nature by Derek Jarman. Just started reading this and I’m already enthralled by its beauty and honesty.
- 27.05.23 Processing Community Catalog 2001–2021
Processing Community Catalog 2001–2021. It’s arrived and it’s a beast of thing. Huge thanks to Ben Fry, Casey Reas, Dan Shiffman and the whole…
- 24.05.23 Connections within a network
Connections within a network.
- 23.05.23 When things collide
When things collide.
- 22.05.23 Collisions #7
Collisions #7. Volume 2 of Collisions drops in June on @makersplace
- 17.05.23 Three Steps Forward: Meridian
Three Steps Forward: Meridian. One of three collaborations with world renowned jazz pianist @heyemmet Your browser does not support the…
- 14.05.23 All Kinds of Scrambled Thoughts (2020)
All Kinds of Scrambled Thoughts (2020) Your browser does not support the video tag.
- 12.05.23 05-12-08-41-03-907
- 11.05.23 Digital Baroque (2022)
Digital Baroque (2022)
- 08.05.23 Everything is ready for the @niftygateway drop in seven days time
Everything is ready for the @niftygateway drop in seven days time.
- 08.05.23 A moment from You, Me and the Machine, my real-time generative and interactive…
A moment from You, Me and the Machine, my real-time generative and interactive art machine exposing the code creating the work.
- 06.05.23 A visitor to @digitalimpact
A visitor to @digitalimpact.art reads more about Passengers: BCN. Photo by Eva Carasol
- 03.05.23 Passengers: BCN
Passengers: BCN. Close-up detail of the installation now showing at @digitalimpact.art. Love how the digital looks fused with the physical.
- 02.05.23 AI at the gala
AI at the gala.
- 01.05.23 Myself and @makersplace have locked in a date for volume two of Collisions.…
Myself and @makersplace have locked in a date for volume two of Collisions. Number 3 from Volume One is still available which also includes…
- 01.05.23 Interesting things often happen at the edges.
Interesting things often happen at the edges.
- 16.04.23 That Was The Week That Was – 16th April 2023
The focus this week was all about Barcelona and setting up for the upcoming Digital Impact show. The 3D printed sculptures had arrived the…
- 09.04.23 That Was The Week That Was – 9th April 2023
When I was commuting to Manchester everyday – something I did for over ten years – I often bemoaned the state of the railways in the UK. Unr…
- 31.03.23 Seven Brief Lessons on Physics
I chanced on this book after seeing it mentioned in an Instagram post. Contained within its eighty pages are seven lessons on physics…
- 09.02.23 Work-in-progress
A scene from one of three works I’m working on right now. Having a lot of fun. ￼
- 08.02.23 Williams Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience
Just received this beautiful reproduction of Blake’s classic work of poetry and illustration as part of my attempt to learn more about the v…
- 07.02.23 First 3D print of three for forthcoming exhibition in Barcelona
For Digital Impact in Barcelona, this is the first of three data sculptures. Created from BCN airport for 2020.
- 06.02.23 Curating
One of the tasks for this week is working through images for a release next week. More details soon… This one didn't make the cut. ￼
- 05.02.23 Strange plant
One of the last week’s studies.
- 19.12.22 WIP for Digital Impact, Barcelona 2023
I’m looking forward to being part of the Digital Impact group exhibition in Barcelona next year running from April 27th till August. The s…