Walk in the park, look at the sky: collected thoughts, processes and observations made during the course of making things
- Leap Motion
- Plain Text
Follow this blog using RSS
- 03.06.15 Inspiration: Jonathan Glazer talks about Under The Skin
Sometimes when you see things you know it's going to have an effect on you for a long time. I felt that way after seeing Under The Skin.…
- 01.11.13 Hatch Show Print
"We're all carving new blocks all the time, something to add, something new". Great film about the legendary Hatch Show Print who…
- 28.10.13 Guest appearance on the Bitchcast
Stacey Mulcahy very kindly asked me to appear on the Bitchcast. We talk about simplicity, perfection, working with clients and how people…
- 07.12.12 Inspiration: Angelo Badalamenti on creating the theme for Twin Peaks
I first showed this at my talk on creative process at the Creative Liverpool event on 6th December 2012. For me, it's a wonderful example…
- 02.10.12 Meet Limor 'ladyada' Fried at Adafruit Industries!
Many of the projects I make have Adafruit parts buried inside, but more importantly the amount of stuff I've learned via the Adafruit site…
- 21.09.12 Paul Smith on adding interesting touches
"When you're dealing with simplicity it's really just a matter of how you put things together."
- 12.09.12 Bill Moggridge: designing objects that allow us to grow fonder of them
From Gary Hustwit's Objectified, Bill Moggridge – creator of the first laptop and co-founder of Ideo – who passed away on 8th September 201…
- 11.09.12 Paula Scher: Do What You've Never Done Before
Pentagram's Paula Scher talks about designing the identity for The Highline.
- 30.07.12 Erik Spiekermann: I add the sound
Love how Erik Spiekermann talks about how he can get inspiration from something that already exists, then when he draws it the next day…
- 30.07.12 Thomas Heatherwick: the new London Bus
Thomas Heatherwick talks passionately about designing the new London Bus.
- 30.07.12 Wim Crouwel's advice for young designers
"Keep your radar turning".
- 02.07.12 Inventor Portrait: Ralph Baer, creator of the home video game console
Wonderful, inspiring and poignant film.
- 01.07.12 Inventor Portrait: Steven Sasson - inventor of the digital camera
- 04.04.12 Tom Hulme at TEDxCSM
Tom Hulme, Design Director at IDEO talks about Designing for Emergence. So flattered to get such a great mention too.
- 14.03.12 Dieter Rams: Less and More Interview
- 13.03.12 Conversations with Paul Rand
Art is an idea that has found its perfect form.
- 13.03.12 Saul Bass: On Making Money vs Quality Work
"I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."
- 13.03.12 The scariest public information film you've ever seen, from David Lynch
From 1991, it's a film about keeping New York city clean, but it's got all the tell-tale fingerprints of being created by David Lynch.
- 03.08.10 This is why we get up in the morning
It's your shelf space; you decide what goes on your shelves.
- 13.07.10 Norman McLaren - Dots (1940)
- 08.07.10 Frank Gehry: be an expert in your work
"Nobody else is an expert in your work"