Walk in the park, look at the sky: collected thoughts, processes and observations made during the course of making things
- Leap Motion
- Plain Text
Follow this blog using RSS
- 12.09.23 Cinema Redux: Metropolis on view next to work by Stephen Willats and Ernest…
Cinema Redux: Metropolis on view next to work by Stephen Willats and Ernest Edmonds at Gen/Gen: Generative Generations show…
- 07.09.23 Tonight sees the opening of Gen/Gen: Generative Generations, a generative art…
Tonight sees the opening of Gen/Gen: Generative Generations, a generative art group show spanning six decades presented over three floors…
- 01.09.23 Damn right
Damn right. @gazelliarthouse
- 29.08.23 You, Me and the Machine will be part of Gen/Gen opening @gazelliarthouse on…
You, Me and the Machine will be part of Gen/Gen opening @gazelliarthouse on September 8th with a preview view on the 7th. Sequence shows a…
- 24.08.23 Nothing There (2004)
Nothing There (2004). On the way to eventually creating Cinema Redux I created this piece of work using the Cohen brother’s The Man Who W…
- 23.08.23 Cinema Redux: Metropolis (2023)
Cinema Redux: Metropolis (2023). The forthcoming generative art group show @gazelliarthouse, opening September 8th, will feature a brand…
- 11.08.23 From a series of works which were never used
From a series of works which were never used. Might revisit it.
- 10.08.23 Rotring 600
Not really a mechanical pencil fan, but there is beauty in the engineering of the Rotring 600 which always makes it a pleasure to use.
- 09.08.23 Becoming closer
- 08.08.23 All thing’s entangled
All thing’s entangled.
- 06.08.23 Halverson
Halverson. Thicker, stripier.
- 05.08.23 Halverson attractor
- 05.08.23 Hadley attractor
- 04.08.23 Geometrical psychology, or, The science of representation (1887)
Geometrical psychology, or, The science of representation (1887) Benjamin Betts' remarkable attempts to mathematically model human…
- 02.08.23 Doc Filmmakers Debate Growing Use of AI in Non-Fiction Projects
Doc Filmmakers Debate Growing Use of AI in Non-Fiction Projects Article on the use of AI in documentary filmmaking, featuring comments from…
- 31.07.23 Making Plans
- 28.07.23 Gen/Gen: Generative Generations group show at Gazelli Art House
I’m thrilled to be part of GEN/GEN: Generative Generations, a new digital group show spanning three floors at Gazelli Art House in Mayfair i…
- 26.07.23 Nicholas Winding Refn vibes
Nicholas Winding Refn vibes.
- 26.07.23 Lissajous iterations (2012)
Lissajous iterations (2012). This was available as a print back in 2012. Each iteration differed by a small change in a variable yet…
- 24.07.23 Harmony
- 22.07.23 Digital City Portrait - close-up detail (2012)
Digital City Portrait - close-up detail (2012). Still one of my fave projects, created for eleven UK cities analysing over six million…
- 21.07.23 TSUCS attractor
- 20.07.23 Specimens of Fancy Turning (1869) – The Public Domain Review
Specimens of Fancy Turning (1869) – The Public Domain Review Photographs from 1869 of geometry created on a lathe. Beautiful.
- 20.07.23 Shadows
- 18.07.23 The addition of time
The addition of time.
- 17.07.23 Just one of the many outputs from today’s explorations
Just one of the many outputs from today’s explorations.
- 17.07.23 Reasons why I love creating with algorithms #18543
Reasons why I love creating with algorithms #18543
- 17.07.23 "As much as I love purely digital work, I also love the appeal of physical…
"As much as I love purely digital work, I also love the appeal of physical objects and the context of a real-world gallery gives me an…
- 17.07.23 Shade and Shadow
Shade and Shadow.
- 16.07.23 Lissajous iteration