Walk in the park, look at the sky: collected thoughts, processes and observations made during the course of making things
- Leap Motion
- Plain Text
Follow this blog using RSS
- 11.06.21 Oscar Niemeyer: Brazil's king of curves
Oscar Niemeyer: Brazil's king of curves Great piece on Oscar Niemeyer.
- 04.06.21 Einstein: Revolution in time and space
Einstein: Revolution in time and space Recently discovered The Forum on the BBC world service and it is full to the brim with wonderful…
- 05.05.21 Marcel Duchamp’s ‘Fountain’ is not just a radical kind of art. It’s a philoso…
Marcel Duchamp’s ‘Fountain’ is not just a radical kind of art. It’s a philosophical dialetheia: a contradiction that is true Goes nicely with my…
- 30.04.21 In Our Time – The Physics of Reality
In Our Time – The Physics of Reality Melvyn Bragg examines the attempt to reconcile Quantum Theory and classical physics.
- 08.03.21 Attack of the Vintage Toy Robots! Justin Pinchot on Japan’s Coolest Postwar E…
Attack of the Vintage Toy Robots! Justin Pinchot on Japan’s Coolest Postwar Export | Collectors Weekly As a big fan of vintage robots, live t…
- 07.02.21 茶筒の開化堂 | Kaikado Tea Caddies
茶筒の開化堂 | Kaikado Tea Caddies I first came across these last year, but I’ve only just manage to get my hands on one. We drink a pot of fresh tea every mor…
- 03.02.21 Stanley Kubrick boxes
Stanley Kubrick boxes I’ve always been a sucker for wire stitched boxes, but didn’t realise the famed Kubrick box is still being made by the…
- 03.12.20 Houdini Quicktip - Camera Culling
Houdini Quicktip - Camera Culling Really great technique for optimising renders.
- 29.11.20 Moxie Marlinspike Has a Plan to Reclaim Our Privacy | The New Yorker
Moxie Marlinspike Has a Plan to Reclaim Our Privacy | The New Yorker Fascinating piece about the founder of Signal.
- 15.11.20 GETTING STARTED WITH HQUEUE
GETTING STARTED WITH HQUEUE Need to get this setup on my own system.
- 15.11.20 How the Coronavirus Hacks the Immune System | The New Yorker
How the Coronavirus Hacks the Immune System | The New Yorker Fascinating article in The New Yorker about how the Coronavirus works and how…
- 05.11.20 Touch is a language we cannot afford to forget | Aeon Essays
Touch is a language we cannot afford to forget | Aeon Essays Fascinating read within the context of the COVID pandemic.
- 04.11.20 Jacob Jensen, a design icon - Design heritage | B&O
Jacob Jensen, a design icon - Design heritage | B&O I’m lucky to have a few Jensen designed objects including a phone, alarm clock, a B…
- 02.11.20 If ever we need beautiful stationery, the time is now.
If ever we need beautiful stationery, the time is now. I have a box of the Capri note cards and envelopes from Pineider, and they are…
- 31.10.20 Modal Jazz Explained - Improvisation and Harmony
Modal Jazz Explained - Improvisation and Harmony This is a great explanation of the difference between tonal jazz and modal jazz.
- 18.10.20 Par Avion
Par Avion Never realised that Pineider were the original creators of the classic Par Avion design.
- 17.10.20 Art by algorithm
Art by algorithm Written in 2017 but still a great read.
- 16.08.20 Shape Grammars
Shape Grammars# This looks like a nice companion to Analog Algorithm.
- 13.08.20 How the Simulmatics Corporation Invented the Future | The New Yorker
How the Simulmatics Corporation Invented the Future | The New Yorker
- 09.08.20 Attention pays - Finding beauty in ordinary things
Attention pays - Finding beauty in ordinary things
- 07.08.20 Wabi Sabi
Wabi Sabi Wabi sabi as an aesthetic concept is generally described as a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete. A beauty of…
- 17.07.20 Disturbing the Text: Typographic devices in literary fiction
Disturbing the Text: Typographic devices in literary fiction Fascinating piece on the use of typography in literary fiction.
- 17.07.20 Comprehensive list of resources on the topic of digital morphogenesis (the…
Comprehensive list of resources on the topic of digital morphogenesis (the creation of form through code). Great resource here.
- 16.07.20 Untangling Andy Warhol
Untangling Andy Warhol From the New Yorker: "Andy Warhol’s life may be better documented than that of any other artist in the history o…
- 16.07.20 Keith Haring: Street Art Boy
Keith Haring: Street Art Boy The definitive story of international art sensation Keith Haring, told using previously unheard interviews.…
- 01.06.20 From Germany to Detroit and back: how Kraftwerk forged an industrial exchange |…
From Germany to Detroit and back: how Kraftwerk forged an industrial exchange | Music | The Guardian
- 30.05.20 The Rogue Experimenters | The New Yorker
The Rogue Experimenters | The New Yorker Fascinating piece in the New Yorker about D.I.Y.bio
- 29.05.20 Missing Sounds of New York: An Auditory Love Letter to New Yorkers | The New…
Missing Sounds of New York: An Auditory Love Letter to New Yorkers | The New York Public Library The New York Public Library has put…
- 08.05.20 Podcasts — Field Recordings brings the outdoors indoors
Podcasts — Field Recordings brings the outdoors indoors https://amp.ft.com/content/552ae2f0-6a92-11ea-a6ac-9122541af204 Bren
- 28.04.20 Plywood Sculpture | Eames Office
Plywood Sculpture | Eames Office https://www.eamesoffice.com/the-work/plywood-sculpture/